Gerber Berries is a family owned and operated U-Pick/We-Pick Strawberry patch. We are located in NW Iowa near Larchwood, a quick 30-minute drive from Sioux Falls, SD. We offer a variety of fresh, juicy, delicious and ripe strawberries. Visit us today and pick in our open sky country setting or purchase some of our pre-picked strawberries! Year round we also offer canned syrup & jam and frozen sliced & sweetened strawberries.
- Strawberries are fully ripe at the time they are picked and do not continue to ripen after picking. They should have bright red color, natural shine and fresh looking green caps.
- Strawberries are always best picked, prepared, and eaten in the same day. With that being said, always refrigerate your strawberries immediately. Berries should not be left at room temperature for more than a few hours. Do not remove the caps or wash the berries until you are ready to use them. When caps are removed before use, the berries lose some of their moisture. Washing early tends to bruise them and the berries lose their freshness.
- Remove any damaged strawberries. Store unwashed berries in a shallow container loosely covered with plastic wrap in the coldest part of your refrigerator for two to three days at most. Do not wash berries until ready to use.
- Leave green caps on and wash berries under cool running water. Do not allow berries to set in water as they will lose color and flavor.
- After washing, remove the green caps from berries with a light twist or with the point of a paring knife.
2224 120th Street
Larchwood, IA 51241
Mon: 8:00AM - 12:00PM and 4:00PM - 8:00PM
Tue: 8:00AM - 12:00PM and 4:00PM - 8:00PM
Wed: 8:00AM - 12:00PM and 4:00PM - 8:00PM
Thu: 8:00AM - 12:00PM and 4:00PM - 8:00PM
Fri: 8:00AM - 12:00PM and 4:00PM - 8:00PM
Sat: 8:00AM - 4:00PM